Friday, January 20, 2012

Cake Friday!

My husband issued something of a challenge to me, saying that I should bake a cake every Friday....a decorated cake, mind you. I had laughed and thought it was a joke, but he was insistent. I could use the practice anyway, so I accepted the challenge....almost. Instead of making a cake every week, I am shooting for every other week. That should give me plenty of practice without being too overwhelming. Hopefully they do not all end up on Cake Wrecks. :)

 Today's cake was inspired by the snowfall that we got on Wednesday. It was beautiful. Unfortunately, after my children went to bed with visions of going sledding in their heads, it began raining and melted all the snow. Sigh. Now we once again have the brown and muddy look going on outside. Since the winter wonderland outside is not really working out, I tried to conjure up some inside. I have decided to call this my icicle cake.

In trying to make the hard candy, I burnt the mixture twice. My mind was just not in the mood to stay focused today I suppose. I am not super happy about the blue color. I was shooting for something lighter, but by that point I was tired of boiling sugar.

It is a vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream. Nothing fancy, but plenty yummy.

1 comment:

  1. I think it was a perfect mixture of beauty and deliciousness! I can't wait for the next Cake Friday! Wooooooooo!!!

    ReplyDelete