Tuesday, January 14, 2014

On the Needles

I have mainly been working on two knitting projects lately, even though I have been itching to get something else started.

I started the sock yarn blanket roughly a year ago. It is not very far along, but that is alright, since I did not think I would finish it anytime soon. It is a great way to use up the little balls of sock yarn that were not enough for anything else I wanted to do, but too much to throw away. This project is a nice, mindless, knitting project. I work on it a lot while watching shows or movies with Brady and the kids.
 The pattern for the sock yarn blanket can be found at The Heathen Housewife. Her finished blanket is quite impressive.

The other thing I have been working on are Jaywalker socks, made by Grumperina for the now defunct MagKnits. The pattern can be found here on Ravelry. I had previously been working on Skew from Knitty with this yarn, but that was frogged. While fun, it was too complex for the "shove in my purse to work on while waiting for kiddos" type thing. I am happy with the simplicity and easy memorability of the Jaywalker pattern, and am excited to see how they turn out.  The yarn is Deborah Norville Serenity sock weight. I ran across it on clearance at Joann's craft store a while back, and for the price it was worth a try. I would have liked the wool content to be higher than 50%, but have no other complaints.




No comments:

Post a Comment