Friday, May 8, 2015

Meet the Chicks (Part 3)


This should be the final edition of Meet the Chicks for this year. While it is a lot of fun hatching eggs and seeing the new babies, I am also quite glad that we are at the end of hatching season for now. The brooder boxes have been in the master bathroom until the babies are old enough to be moved outside, and it will be really nice to have my bathroom back to normal after it has been so filled with peeping little ones for a few months now.

These babies are some more Bantam Cochins. As they are bantams, they will always be smaller than a traditional chicken, and lay smaller eggs. They are a very sweet breed, and I think the kids will have a lot of fun playing with them as they get older.





Taking pictures of chicks is a lot harder than I had anticipated. They are constantly moving and constantly pooping. I had a container of wipes next to me the entire time to clean up poop. They also intermittently just decide they are going to go to sleep.



Or, when you have a pretty good group shot, one will just wander off to a little too far.


I think the birds from my first Meet the Chicks posting could use an update as they have gotten so big, so look for that in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment