Sunday, October 16, 2011

Plans

This past Wednesday, I awoke with a plan for the day. Pancakes for breakfast, a bit of school, playgroup, some much needed grocery shopping, and home in plenty of time to make dinner and relax. It is funny how life sometimes takes the plans that you make and jostles them around, especially life with kids. Spike got sick, and my plans changed from being productive to curling up on the couch with my 9-year-old, trying to make him feel as comfortable as possible. I think it was time well spent.

It can be rough sometimes for a list and schedule loving person like myself, to step out of my practical mind and just enjoy the moment. I am making it my goal to not stress myself out so much; to remind myself that is okay when my plans don't always work out. After all, we had planned to have three kids, and now I could not imagine life without Squirt.

I did accomplish my plan of knitting a soot sprite though. We really enjoy Studio Ghibli films, and when I ran across the knitting pattern I knew we just needed one in our house. And it only took me five days longer than planned.... :)
The kids have all found it's current hideout on top of the microwave very amusing.

4 comments:

  1. Your lovely children will remember and appreciate both aspects of your personality, too- the planner and the flexible mama who can smile when plans get thwarted. I say this because it's one of my favorite things about my own mom growing up. She was one to put a home made dinner on the table every night, and read to us before bed, etc, but every now and then she would throw up her hands and declare what we really needed was to eat nachos and watch a movie on a school night!, ha ha. I hope he is feeling better. Thank goodness for mama's cuddling when we aren't ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your words. I have told many of my friends, since I have no grandkids...I am claiming yours because you are raising some of the best I have seen. Also I love the soot sprite and need one...we have several DVD's of the films and spirited away is my favorite...I can watch it over and over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are totally awesome kids. I am so glad that I get to be their mom. Glad that you like reading about our little adventures. For myself, I am glad I write the blog since I start feeling like I never accomplish anything and it is nice to take a look back at some of things we have done, but it is nice to know that others have enjoyed it as well.

    ReplyDelete