Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Day of Ceremonies

Today was a day of happy celebrations. I suppose my first little celebration was having my husband home. Unfortunately, he was home because he is sick, but it still was nice. We started out our day with Squirt standing up and jabbering at us from his crib. It was still no fun to have to get up, but he is a cute little bugger.

I made the family a breakfast of blueberry muffins. They could not hold a candle when compared to the gluten-containing ones I used to make, but they weren't all that bad. I have been thinking on a few ideas to help make them better....

Both of the big kids manged to get their science, literature, and grammar done before noon, and Gizmo topped it off by finishing spelling and vocabulary as well. After a quick lunch, it was time to set off for my youngest sibling's high school graduation, leaving a sick hubby behind.

My younger sister, Katie, is 11 years younger than me. I remember carrying her around quite a bit, and even moving her crib into my room because I was so excited to have a baby sister. Throughout much of her childhood I referred to her as Bink, and sometimes I still do in my thoughts. It seems odd that she is old enough to graduate high school. It was a nice ceremony though, and I am glad that we could make it.We went out to dinner to celebrate. Princess loves her Aunt Katie.After dinner, we had to rush home to pick up Brady and get to Gizmo's Girl Scout bridging ceremony. It was definitely not as grand as the graduation, but we were still excited for our girl to join the next level of Girl Scouts, the Cadettes. She has been very excited for today.
I have high hopes and wishes for my sister and Gizmo. It was a really nice, although tiring, day.

1 comment:

  1. I suppose that's something we'll have to watch with that waterproof camera, it is a bit slow on the focus at times. I think it's us not giving it enough time to recognize the objects in the field of view. Still, I'm glad you were able to get some pictures of Gizmo's event!

    Thanks for posting this, Sweetie, you're so awesome!

    ReplyDelete