Monday, November 25, 2013

Thanksgiving Bento

Today is the only day any of my children will be heading to the homeschool supplement charter school that they attend. That is a big name for it, but it is the best way I can think to describe it. Since it is Thanksgiving this week, and I only have to pack one school lunch this week, I just had to make it a bento, right?
It's a turkey...made from rice! Better yet, it has turkey sausage for the ground. I will admit I giggled to myself a little while putting it together. Luckily, I dragged myself out of bed to get it finished and packed in a lunchbox before Gizmo got up to get ready for school. The rice is calrose rose, and is colored with soy sauce. The turkey's feathers are bell pepper, as well as the beak, and the eyes are nori. The background is corn. I think something green would have looked nicer, but I didn't have anything on hand.

Having holidays to plan bentos around makes it a lot easier to come up with new ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment