Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Big 3-0!

Today is my 30th birthday. It is also me and my husband's 12th anniversary. Yup, we were married on my birthday. So I suppose you could say that it is a pretty special day for little old me. I was really happy that my husband was able to get today off of work so he could spend the day with me. The kids got a free day off of school for the occasion.

I spent my morning rather leisurely. Gizmo and Spike did a load of dishes and cleaned up the family room for me. That sure put a smile on my face. Squirt even slept in a little. After Brady got home from a doctor appointment, we headed out to breakfast. Me and Brady are rather fond of the Spanish Omelet from Dee's. It is hard to beat eggs topped with salsa, sour cream, and guacamole. Add hash browns to the side, and that is definitely a nice birthday breakfast.
When we got home, I spent my birthday in my favorite way. Just relaxing. I napped on the couch with Squirt, watched an episode of Scrubs while the kids played outside, and generally enjoyed myself. I do find it hard to do nothing but relax though, so I did sneak in some laundry and cleaning. Squirt was "helping" me sort socks.
Spike helped me make a cake for the occasion. This cake is rather boring compared to those that I do for the kids' birthdays and stuff, but it is exactly what I like on my birthday. Something easy that tastes good. No fondant or fancy stuff. Since we are experimenting with a gluten free diet, this here is a gluten free cake. A chocolate cake with coconut pecan frosting to be precise. I was a little apprehensive after trying some batter and finding it a little....gritty, but it turned out really well. Hurray!
So far, this year is looking like it is going to be amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment