Sunday, July 3, 2011

Bear Lake 2011

My family has an annual tradition of heading up Bear Lake for a four-day family reunion of sorts. My grandparents started taking their kids there for a yearly family vacation since before my mom was born, and it has continued and grown ever since. We currently have four generations that meet up there. We missed last years since we had a brand new baby Squirt, so the kids were really excited to go. The main attraction on the lake this year was a giant inflatable fun island that my parents brought up.

My nephew loved to play in the sand, which left him looking a little like a coal miner.

Squirt enjoyed at least one nap in the tent.

We tie-dyed shirts (and a dress for Princess) this year. I remember dying the shirts when I was a kid, so it is really fun to watch my own kiddos have fun with it.

My brother also dyed his hands.

Me, Brady, and the kids with the finished shirts.

Since the two of our youngest kids have birthdays quickly approaching, I made some Dutch oven cobbler for an early celebration. Squirt was a complete mess, but he did really enjoy it.

After all the fun and excitement, we had a long drive home. Princess and Squirt enjoyed a bit of a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment